Friday 21 December 2012

My week in pictures

Photobucket
I went out for dinner on the weekend for a friends birthday, we went to a Moroccan/Middle Eastern restaurant, the food was great but the highlight for me was this amazing Turkish Delight martini. It was a divine mix of vodka, rose water and other deliciousness! Yum!

Megan's Birthday
On Sunday I had another friends birthday ( I think I have a strange attraction to people born in December, I seem to collect them) The lovely Megan (Timeaftertea) turned 25 and we celebrated by relaxing and barbecue-ing in the sun! A great day with great people!

Photobucket
After my busy weekend I decided a night in was just what I needed. I settled in with The Help and a cup of Sleepytime Vanilla tea, what more could a girl want? This movie did not disappoint, as expected, Emma Stone was great, but the standout performance for me was Jessica Chastain who played Celia Foote, I thought she was amazing and did such a wonderful job of portraying the character.

Photobucket
I seem to work with lots of green thumbed people. I am no gardener, but I appreciate their hard work! One of our avid gardeners brought in these amazing hydrangeas, they were just beautiful! Hydrangeas are one of my favourite flowers and I love being surrounded by fresh flowers, I think they brighten any space, even a staff room!

Photobucket
I have gathered some books for holiday reading, I have asked around and borrowed from friends and my housemate, and these are the books that have made the short list! I think there is a good mix that will keep me entertained. If you have any other reading recommendations I would love to hear them!

How was your week? I hope you enjoyed yourself as much as I did, it was busy but this time of year always is, and it's nice to celebrate and spend time with the important people in your life. I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday season.

Zoe xx

1 comment:

  1. Have you read Little Bee yet?? I just finished reading it and loved it to bits, such an emotional read! I'll be posting a review (minus spoilers) soon :) And it's nice to meet another Canberra blogger too, specially another avid reader! x
    http://le-bonvivant.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete