Sunday 23 December 2012

Christmas Nail of the Day! Sephora by OPI Be-Claus I said so

Photobucket
I love Christmas time! I love all the activities and the music and spending time with family, so I decided to do a Christmas themed Nail of the Day!
 
This colour by Sephora by OPI is one that I bought last time I was overseas but haven't opened until recently. It is a mix of various sized red glitter in a clear base. I was actually not all that impressed with this polish, the polish to glitter ratio was not great and to achieve this finish I did 3-4 sheer coats (I always find it is better doing more sheer coats than fewer thick coats). On reflection, it would have been better if I had painted it over a red base but I am staying at my Mum's at the moment and in an attempt to pack light I only bought one nail polish with me, very controlled of me I think...
Photobucket
 
Although the nail polish was a little harder to work with than I had hoped, I am very pleased with the overall result and think it looks quite festive. As I type I keep catching glimpses of sparkle as it catches the light, which is quite nice!
 
Do you have any glitter polishes that you would reccomend? I have heard good things about Deborah Lippmann polishes but have never tried one. That might be next on my list...
 
I hope you are all enjoying the holiday season as much as I am!
 
Zoe xx

No comments:

Post a Comment