Saturday 1 June 2013

Chapter 25: A Rocky Start

It’s been over a month since I last blogged. Since then I have turned 25 and become a home owner, bought my first ever fridge, payed my first mortgage payment, even the seasons have changed. I have high hopes for 25, I think it’s going to be a good year. It did not, however, get off to the best start.

My first year of being 25 was one of the most stressful weeks of my life. My house settlement was delayed, I spend every spare moment either chasing solicitors or real estate agents or packing, my long distance relationship which is usually fairly functional was taking its toll. By the end of the week I was well and truly in meltdown mode and had quite the “I hate being 25, 25 sucks, I just want to be 24 again” rant. Oh dear.
But that was month ago now and things all seem to have fallen into place, I think things usually do, but it’s easy to lose perspective sometimes.
My little apartment is perfect for me, it’s cozy and definitely still a work in progress, but it’s MY work in progress and I love coming home at the end of each day. I have been renting or in share housing since I started uni at 17, and while that was an amazing experience and I have met people who will be in my life for a long time, I was so ready to take this step. And quite frankly, I very much enjoy my own company. I appreciate the quiet that I come home to and knowing that I can be naked in any room in my house anytime I want!
I do plan on posting some photos of my place, but like I said, it’s still a work in progress. For those interested here is one of my favourite places, my book shelf…
 photo EB62CBCA-89DE-4249-ACCC-C81DDC77E789-763-0000007B4D5AE0C3_zpsfddb42db.jpg

My home internet won’t be up and running for another two weeks, and initially I quite liked distancing myself from social media interactions beyond what my phone could provide, but the last two weeks I have really missed blogging, and I can’t wait to get back into it and to catch up on all of my favourite blogs. It’s such a great, supportive community and I am very grateful to be a part of it.

So one month in and 25 has really turned around. I think this might just be my best year yet…
Zoe xx

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a hectic month xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, what a horrible start to being 25! I'm glad it's all turning around now.

    Your bookshelf is super cute! I can't wait to see more photos of your place. I've bought you a little house warming present, but my life is a bit topsy turvy right now because we're renovating and living at my parents house. I will send it asap! :)

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for you to post a little more lovely - though I'm lucky that I get to hangout with you in real life :)

    ReplyDelete