Recently the lovely Bex from Bex's Blog commented on a post of mine telling me she had nominated me for a Liebster Award. Having never heard of this before I went to her page to check it out. Basically it's a really nice way to share some information about yourself with your readers and acknowledge and share the great things other bloggers are doing, particularly highlighting bloggers who may be a little hidden or might be new to the scene.
Here are the rules:
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions which are given to you by your nominator
- Ask 11 new questions for all the bloggers that you nominate to win the award
- Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers to win the award
- Go to each of the blogger's pages to let them know about their nomination
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by mentioning them and link it back to their blog on your post
11 Facts about Me:
1. I am the youngest of three girls in my family, and I think my two sisters are pretty awesome.
2. I am a high school teacher and the majority of my students are taller than me, not really ideal...
3. I've never broken a bone (and am touching wood right now that I haven't jinxed myself by writing that down...)
4. I moved out of home when I was 17 to go to uni three hours away from my family, it was hard but I'm really glad I did it and had some pretty amazing experiences there that I will never forget.
5. I am addicted to Podcasts, I listen to them all the time, in the car, at the gym, before I go to sleep. Seriously, if you're not listening to Podcasts, you should be.
6. I have recently decided that I would like to buy a house and spend way too much time looking at real estate online, it's quite exciting.
7. My favourite place in the whole world is New York City, I think it is fun and exciting and I think everyone should go there at least once.
8. I have attempted Anna Karenina about 10 times and just can't get past the first few hundred pages, but one day I will conquer it, it is my Everest! I'm not letting myself see the movie until I have read the book, I think I may be waiting a while...
9. I hate the beach. I know that this is so controversial but I am pale and burn very easily and find the beach just makes me feel sandy and sticky and uncomfortable.
10. When I was growing up I did many different extra curricular activities but only for a very short period of time so never got very good at any of them, I did a term of violin, drama and figure skating, just to name a few... Kind of wish I had stuck with that last one.
11. My celebrity crush is Ted Danson, some people find this very strange. I think he is suave and charismatic and I just don't know why he isn't more peoples celebrity crush!
My questions from Bex:
1. Biggest beauty disaster- Any time I have attempted to cut my own hair, I did this for the first time as about a four year old and most recently as as uni student, it's always a disaster. I haven't done it for a few years now though, I think I've finally learnt my lesson.
2. Most loved beauty product- Blush. Not a doubt in my mind, I am quite fair and find blush just brightens up my face and makes me look fresher, absolutely love it.
3. If you could look like any celebrity, who would it be? Olivia Wilde, I think she has beautiful features and stunning cheekbones.
4. Favourite song- This is tricky, at the moment I have been playing Of Monsters and Men pretty much non-stop, particularly the song Mountain Sound, but my favourite song of all time would have to be Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye, what a classic.
5. Lipstick or mascara- Lipstick, for sure. It can really make or break a look.
6. Country you’d most like to visit- If this is countries I've never been to I think I would have to say Canada, I sit next to a girl from Canada at work and she just raves about it, it sounds beautiful. Out of the places I have been that I would like to return to I would have to say the Czech Republic, I was only in Prague for one day and it was raining, I would love to see it properly.
7. If you were on a desert island and could only have three beauty products, what would they be? Well I would have to have a moisturiser with an SPF, I'm so fair, the idea of being stuck on a hot, sandy island just does not at all sound appealing, then I would take a good lip balm, maybe one with a little tint if I'm feeling fancy, and I'm not sure if this counts as a beauty product but I would take my Clarisonic.
8. Favourite high street shop- I'm not really sure what our equivalent of a high street shop would be but I'm thinking of something that isn't high end or department store so maybe Sportsgirl? Or Portmans, I quite like Portmans.
9. Would you rather have your own personal makeup artist every morning or a personal hair stylist- Personal hair stylist, I love doing my make up but I feel like I'm not super creative with my hair.
10. If you could only live off one meal, what would it be- Oh my gosh isn't this just the hardest question ever! I love food, all kinds of food and the thought of eating one meal for the rest of my life is devastating. One of my favourite meals is a good burger, or pad thai, or rice paper rolls... See, I just can't choose! I totally cheated on this question...
11. Favourite city in England- I think I might have to cheat on this question too because I just don't know England well enough, but my favourite city in the UK would be Edinburgh, I love the beautiful stone castles and the history but I also love that you can shop and eat at fun restaurants and pubs, it has been one of my favourite holiday destinations!
My questions to my nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
3. If someone gave you one million dollars, what would you do with it?
4. What is the best piece of advice you have ever been given?
5. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
6. If you could only use five make up products for the rest of your life, what would they be?
7. What is your favourite movie of all time?
8. What do you wear on a typical day?
9. Name three things that make you happy.
10. What are your best skin care tips?
11. If you could have a super power, what would you like it to be?
Now for the nominees:
This was my favourite part of this blog post, I am following so many nice and interesting blogs, quite a few that are new and I really hope you head on over to check these girls out, they are all quite lovely!
Rachi at Le Bon Vivant
Soph at Sophisticated Philosophies
Lora at Lora Loves
Jasmine at Lavender's Green
Cindee at My "One Good Deed a Day" Project
Alessandra at Adventures in Wonderland
Kayleigh at The Way I Wanderlust
Stephanie at A Oui Bit Of Oomph
CC at Life and Sorts with CC
I hope you enjoy reading this post as much as I have enjoyed writing/researching it!